Principal Product Designer
San Mateo, CA // Nov 2017 - Present
• Leading design vision for core, monetization, voice interface, and platform experience.
• Building a collaborative bridge between Product and Marketing Teams.
• Mentoring younger designers in design best practices and system design patterns.
Assoc. Design Director
Code & Theory
San Francisco, CA // April 2017 - Nov 2017
• Player-Coach for a design team of 9, active leader hiring and mentoring senior to mid-level designers.
• Directed design vision—from concept to production—for The Venetian Hotel, The Palazzo Hotel, and Sands Expo Convention Center with elegant responsive web solutions, user-centered design principles, and level AA ADA compliance, that increased sales and engagement.
• Evolved the process of design innovation and dev integration through new tools and iterative prototyping.
Visual Design Lead, UXD
Los Gatos, CA // September 2015 - February 2017
• Led visual design and interface solutions that are functional, elegant, and global—supporting 20 languages—based on build-measure-learn process, and strategic design decisions informed by empirical data.
• Hands-on visual leader for a cross-functional team of 8. Shipped first-to-market features and created culture defining work with key projects: Netflix ROAR, Interactive Series, and “ROCS”.
• Created original visual designs for 7 large-scale cross-functional A/B tests, pioneered 10 original scalable system templates, increased engagement and streaming hours by a combined 30% for 80+ million users.
Assoc. Creative Director
Los Gatos, CA // March 2015 - September 2015
• Directed global visual promotion and engaged users through Netflix Original content while maintaining their immersion in the story on-service for: Narcos, Marvel‘s Jessica Jones, Winter On Fire, and Wet Hot American Summer across 20 languages and multiple channels—web, mobile, tablet, and TV.
• Built visual merch strategy, utilized A/B testing and ethnographic methodologies to empirically craft images and trailers with the highest stopping power globally, increased streaming hours by 10%.
• Hands-on creative leader for a team of 6 with multi-million dollar budgets to design and implement 300+ final art assets for product visuals and first-to-market features.
• 2015 // General Assembly, Visual Design
Visual Product Designer, Mobile
San Francisco, CA // 2013 - 2014
• Created and shipped world-class designs for global mCommerce site, drove $30 million in monthly sales of over 220 luxury brands, and won 2 awards.
• Evolved the visual identity of the brand, designed product user interfaces, visual affordances and icons with elegant user-centered design principles, created 15 original system templates for native iOS app and mobile web.
• Hands-on mobile design lead and trained 20+ designers in mobile best practices.
• Notable projects: Sephora App, m.Sephora.com, Color IQ, Beauty Board, and Beauty Insider Rewards Program.
Sr. Interactive Art Director
San Francisco, CA // 2010 - 2012
• Created robust eCommerce experiences and apps, drove traffic and high conversion rates to grow the Target® account into the largest in the agency.
• Delivered multiple iterative visual design concepts, designed beautiful and simple visual interface solutions for Target Style, owned design through production phase with specifications and assets to ensure quality execution.
• 2012 // "5 Brands That Get Tumblr, Target Style" Digiday
Sr. Interactive Art Director, Consultant
Kelly Wengert, LLC
San Francisco, CA // 2010 - 2015
• Created goal-driven interaction design through elegant visual design solutions, user-centered innovation, brand forward-thinking, and metrics-driven iteration for 9 websites, 5 eCommerce and 2 mCommerce sites, 3 responsive sites, 2 native iOS apps, and 3 tablet experiences.
• Mastered effective communication skills, sharpened my creative thinking, shipped projects within budget on tight timelines, harnessed the power of branding, and grew my love of storytelling.
• Active team player, positive cross-functional collaborator, and an effective communicator with senior leaders.
• Blue Cross California
• Stella & Dot
• Virgin America
• Eleven Inc.
• McCann Worldgroup
• Publicis & Hal Riney
Crispin Porter + Bogusky
Boulder, CO // 2009 - 2010
• Designed an award-winning digital integrated campaign for Burger King.
• Created polished designs for micro-sites and social experiences for Best Buy, Guitar Hero, Jose Cuervo, Microsoft, and Volkswagen.
• 2010 // Titanium Lion Semi-finalist, The Truth About Tony Stewart
• 2010 // Cyber Lion Semi-finalist for Best Digitally Led Integrated Campaign
• 2010 // Cyber Lion Semi-finalist for Retail & E-Commerce, including Restaurants
University of Texas
Bachelor of Science, Advertising
Art Direction and Visual Design Portfolio Program, Texas Creative
Austin, TX // 2003 - 2006*